Challenge: Satisfying the high volume finishing requirements for the complex form geometry on a hard carbide pin application. This compliments the PG-9DOD Carbide Pin Roughing Operation.
Solution: The Glebar GT-610 Infeed Centerless Grinding System addressed the challenge. As the second process to the
PG-9DOD grinding operation (see case study), this machine excels at precision finishing small carbide pins at high volume.
The system was configured with dual fixtures, a six-axis robot and bowl feeder –twin assembly heads allowed for 6 part per cycle processing.
- System is able to process millions of parts per year.
- Parts are fed onto a smart conveyor from the bowl feeder. The conveyor orients and spaces the parts.
- Cameras identify imperfections. Bad parts are rejected prior to grinding.
- Twin Assembly Heads facilitate 6 part-per-cycle operation.
- Built on a granite base for optimal stability and precision control.
- Safety Enclosure with Recycling Coolant Filtration System.
RELATED: See the PG-9DOD Carbide Pin Roughing Case Study
Twin assembly heads allowed for 6 part per cycle processing.
System is able to process millions of parts per year.
Explore | GT-610 Infeed/Thrufeed Centerless Grinding Machines
The GT-610 Automated Infeed/Thrufeed Centerless Grinding Machine can be custom fitted with automation. This system is the ideal option for when infeed applications do not require a CNC dresser and for the vast majority of thrufeed applications. The GT-610 excels at hard metals and composites, producing carbide blanks, spools, bushings, and engine components such as automotive fasteners and valve lifters. It can also effectively size down metal bars.