Open Quad Catheter Lamination
EBD Open Quad Catheter Laminator shrinks catheter tubing faster than the competition. Designed for vertical operation, its patented hot air circulation process contains the heat within the system, maximizing the time at temperature for faster processing.
By improving accuracy of all controlled parameters, this machinecan increase productivity through reduced rejects and faster processing speeds.
- Two vertical actuators each support a double lamination chamber assembly and move parallel to the suspended catheter (total of 4 lamination areas)
- Multiple speeds in multiple ranges per stored recipes
- Lamination chamber assemblies maintain a constant temperature, set within the recipe
- Long heating chamber results in process speeds up to 10x faster than forced air laminators
- Temperature difference between sides of a given chamber is minimized by mixing the air through a central heater
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) runs all stored lamination programs
- Full color touchscreen makes machine operation quick and easy
- Input power: 208 – 240 VAC, single phase, 50/60 Hz, 16A full load current draw
- Dimensions: 39.09 W x 106” H x 29.72” D
- Product size: .010” to 188” diameter, 65” to 72” long
- Safety: This machine complies with all NFPA 79 electrical standards and meets CE safety, wiring, and emissions standards. This machine is certified for international use.
- Mandrel mounting: Tapered fitting (no vacuum)
Range & Accuracy
- Minimum/maximum temperature: 100 deg F – 650 deg F.
- Temperature tolerance/error/accuracy: +/- 5 deg C.
- Minimum/maximum speed: 0.1 cm/sec. – 12.0 cm/sec.
- Speed tolerance/error/accuracy: +/- 0.012 cm/sec (0.1% of Max speed)
- Minimum/maximum Distance: 0 cm – 200cm.
- Distance tolerance/error/accuracy: +/- 0.013 cm (0.005 inch)
Cath-Tech™ Reflow (or Laminating) machines are built using our signature convection heating process that provides superior results. It’s designed to maintain consistency and increase overall production. This is achieved by using a precise amount of heat and speed to melt the tubing segments combining the TFE liner and braid to make one cohesive catheter shaft.
R&D Reflow machines can be customized to fit your specific requirements and support your end production goals.
- Multi chamber design
- 5 programmable zone with 5 different speeds, distances, and dwell settings at the beginning and end of each zone.
- Program up-to 20 configurations, on a standard unit.
- Additional features include load elevators for heights over 108”, custom guides and guide holders, and additional security features (light curtain).
- Shipping Weight: 750-1200 lbs (340-544 kg)
- Machine Weight: 450-800 lbs (204-227 kg)
- Height: 48-180” (1219-4572 mm)
- Width: 60” (1524 mm)
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 750° F (399° C)
- Accuracy: (+/-) 2° F (2.78 C°)
- Air Pressure: 30-80 psi
- Compressed Air Requirements: 80 psi
- Power: 208-240 Single Phase or 3 Phase
- Product Length: 71” (180 cm)
- Process Speed: 0.1mm/sec or 0.01 cm/sec & up to 100mm/sec.(10cm/sec)
- Product Diameter: Custom options available –
- 0.020” to 0.875” (0.51 mm to 22.23 mm)
- Single Run Product Capacity: 1-12
- General Warranty: 1Year
- Heat Controls: Heaters are controlled independently with the ability to run the machine with up to 1-12 heaters in operation.
- Adjustable loading height.
- Gripper assembly: Gripper Jaws have a standard working diameter of 0.188” (custom holder sizes available upon request)
- HMI: Program up-to 5 zones
- Frame: Extruded aluminum framing.
- Safety: Use Polycarbonate sheeting to protect operator & machine.
- Product length (on standard machine): Min – 10 cm (2”) to Max 180 cm (70.87)” (Customizable options available.)
- Process Speed: Controlled by Servo motor & gear box for precision control at the lowest speeds.
- Visit us at mmt-inc.com