The Glebar TF-9BHD lnfeed/Thrufeed Micro Grinder is a manual infeed/ thrufeed centerless grinder that grinds both hard and soft materials, specializing in parts from 2.5″ to .002″ in diameter such as catheters, guidewires, dilators, fuel pellets, pins, bushings, PTFE, plastics, ceramics, and other engineered materials. Like other Glebar machines in this class, the TF-9BHD boasts a high output while maintaining a small footprint.
- Utilizes an 8-5/8″ (219mm) wide work wheel removing more material, faster and with better surface finishes than similar machines with shorter wheels.
- Grinds metal, plastic, ceramic, carbide, glass/crystal and wood applications.
- Spreads the grind out over 8+ inches (200+ mm) providing superior surface finish when grinding catheters.
- An optional auto-retract cylinder automates the process using a single sensor and the existing infeed handle.
- Hard-chromed dovetail slides with Turcite gibs for a smooth operation.
- The upper slide can easily be adjusted using the large, easy-to-read dial indicator (inch or metric).
- By using a multi-grit wheel, the machine can both rough and finish the same part in one operation.
- Bearing support on both sides of the wheel and a rugged work rest blade holder eliminates deflection and provide the proper support and alignment for heavy grinding and close tolerance work.
- Can be configured with an automatic loading/unloading system for a complete turnkey medical catheter grinding solution.
- An optional pressure washing system eliminates the potential for scratching on soft materials like catheters, by removing loose grains from the It can also be used to clean the wheel between dressings.
- Grinding Diameter Capacity: Min: 0.002″ (0.05mm) – Max: 4″ (100mm)
- Roundess: 0.0001″ (2.6 µm)
- Work Wheel Diameter: 4″ (100mm)
- Work Wheel Length: 8.625″ (219mm)
- Work Wheel Power: 7.5HP (5.6kW), 10HP (7.5kW), or 15HP (11kW)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2,400
- Regulating Wheel Power: 2HP (1.5kW)
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 10 – 400
- Machine Weight: 2,085 lbs (946kg)
- Grinding Length: No limit
- Electrical requirements: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Air requirements: 80-90PSI, 3CFM
- Machine Footprint: 47″ x 39″ x 50″ (119cm x 99cm x 127cm)
- Resolution: 25µm (0.001″)