SG-1645: Electrochemical Burr-Free Surface Grinder
The Tridex SG-1645 Burr-Free Electrochemical NC/CNC Surface Grinder is a faster alternative to traditional surface grinding. By providing burr-free and low-force grinds that leave no heat-affected zones it virtually eliminates the need for deburring or other corrective secondary operations. The SG-1645 comes standard with conversational NC control with the option for Mitsubishi CNC controls. For grinding points on wires or medical needles, the Tridex PGS-100 Point Grinding System can be easily integrated.
- Robust stationary table design makes the machine easier to automate and provides more robust machine guarding.
- Wheel moves in X, Y, and Z axes.
- Available Index Table Pallet Changer allows the operator to load the next part while grinding is in operation.
- Easily integrates with automation to increase process efficiency.
- Standard simple conversational control with color HMI touchscreen. Full CNC is optional.
- Standard MPG Handwheel.
- Heavy duty cast iron weighs 8,000 lbs for superior tolerance and finish.
- Precise flange mounted electrolytic grinding spindle.
- Stainless steel electrolyte tank sealed against mist and leaks.
- Feed components are protected from electrolyte.
- Integration of the Tridex PGS-100 Point Grinding System is simple for grinding points on wire and medical needles.
- Axis Travel: X: 18.1” (460mm); Y: 15” (380mm); Z: 6.3” (160mm)
- Table Size: 22.8” (580mm) x 8.6” (220mm)
- Positioning Accuracy: +/- .0001”/4” (0.0025mm/100mm)
- Repeatability: +/- .00004” (0.001mm)
- Traverse Speeds: 600”/min (15m/min)
- High Precision Spindle: Sealed Ceramic Bearings, Direct Coupled
- Spindle Motor: 7.5HP (5.6KW) Direct Drive AC Spindle Motor – No Drive Belt, 0 – 4,000 RPM
- Power Supply: 0-20V DC, 300A Solid State (600A Optional)
- Control: Mitsubishi conversational color touch screen standard; CNC optional; Removable MPG Handwheel
- Electrolyte Supply Tank: 50 Gallon (200 Liter) Sealed Stainless Steel
- Safety Standards: Meets CE and ISO 13849.1 Safety Standards
- Machine Weight: 8,000 lbs (3628kg)
- Machine Footprint: W: 80” (2,030mm) ; D: 76.5” (1,945mm); H: 75.5” (1,915mm)
- Air: 4CFM @ 80PSI