The Tridex PGS-100 Burr-Free Electrochemical Point Grinding System is a fully programmable pointing and material handling system that easily integrates with the Tridex SG-1645 or SG-2060 ECG Grinders. Using ECG, the PGS-100 manufactures a wide variety of medical device points on tubing or solid wire, such as medical needles or K-wires burr-free. The PGS-100 is capable of handling a wide amount of workpieces providing high throughput for specialty pointing applications.
- Capable of producing Menghini, tri-bevel, back-bevel, trocar, diamond, stylet, Franseen, Chiba, Pencil Point, and other custom points burr-free.
- Capable of grinding cannula and other parts with hubs.
- Setup and changeovers take minutes to complete.
- Loading fixtures can facilitate secondary operations such as electropolishing, bead blasting, slotting, etc without losing point orientation.
- No taping required for medical needles.
- Integrates with the Tridex SG-1645 and SG-2060 ECG Surface Grinders.
- Compact design allows integration on each pallet of the SG-2060 for high production applications.
- Servo-controlled design for high precision rotation and repeatability.
- Robust stainless steel construction doesn’t corrode.
- Long-life precision rubber clamp pads.
- Pneumatic cylinders for clamping.
- Programmable part setup, no mechanical adjustments.
- Mounts directly on the machine table.
- Available as a Precision Abrasive Point Grinder with the Conventional SG-2060A Abrasive Grinder.
- Work Piece Diameter: 0.012” (30 gauge) – 0.240”
- Work Piece Length: Min 0.9” – Max 21” or more depending on tooling
- Bevel Angle: 10 degrees minimum standard, smaller point angles are tooling-dependent
- Clamp Width: 3.94” (100mm)
- Fixture Dimensions: 9.65” x 8.27” x 10.63” (245 x 210 x 270mm)