PG-9X20DHD: Form Grinding Machine
The Glebar PG-9x20DHD centerless form grinding machine was designed to form ceramic components such as unfired carbide and crystal quartz glass boules used to produce fiber optics by Form Grinding the carbide in the soft state to near net size.
- Built on the compact base of the Glebar PG-9DHD machine.
- An extended 20″ (508 mm) work wheel and regulating wheel allow several components to be ground simultaneously.
- Uses a rigid, hard chromed, slide assembly with a resolution of 0.1 micron.
- Slide velocity and position are controlled through operator-friendly touch-screen HMI with custom-designed software.
- A 20″ long 0.5” diameter green tungsten carbide rod can be formed to 250″ in less than 12 seconds maintaining an accuracy of 0.001″ (25 µm).
- Remote connectivity simplifies troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Servo-motor driven regulating wheel side.
- Industrial workstation control.
- Built-in hoist for easy removal of diamond work wheel and spindle assembly.
- Grinding Diameter Capacity: Min: 0.002″ (0.05mm) – Max: 4″ (100mm)
- Work Wheel Diameter: 9″ (229mm)
- Work Wheel Length: 20″ (508mm)
- Work Wheel Power: 15HP (11kW)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2,400
- Regulating Wheel Power: 2HP (1.5kW)
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 10 – 400
- Machine Weight: 1,800 lbs (817 kg)
- Grinding Length: Max 20″ (508mm)
- Electrical requirements: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Air requirements: 80-90PSI, 3CFM
- Machine Footprint: 47″ x 39″ x 50″ (119cm x 99cm x 127cm)
- Resolution: 25µm (0.0001″)