PG-9DHD: Centerless Form Grinder
The Glebar PG-9DHD Centerless Form Grinder is a high-precision version of the Glebar PG-9BHD. With its 10″ wheel, this form grinder is capable of multiple-part-per-cycle grinding, also offering precise slide positions and controllability. Glebar’s unique form grinding process can shape any spherical or cylindrical component into unlimited forms on a large variety of materials. When automated, this machine’s productivity and performance are nearly impossible to surpass. Chances are, that in every household, you will find a component that was ground on a Glebar Form Grinder including deodorant balls, golf balls, composite spindles, contact lens blanks, check valves, frac balls, fuses, insulators, and many more.
- Multiple parts per cycle can be generated in a single infeed motion.
- Can be fitted with a 15HP main spindle motor for heavy grinding of materials such as G10 fiberglass to turn cylinders into balls.
- To shape the grinding wheel, the machine can become a work wheel dresser allowing the operator to manually dress the grinding wheel on the machine.
- The control software is entirely developed at Glebar and is fully customizable to address your application and process. An intuitive touch-screen interface allows for ease of use and flexibility.
- Precision collets ensure optimum concentricity control.
- The machine software interface was developed to allow an unskilled operator to run many high-precision machines simultaneously.
- Remote connectivity simplifies troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Feeding systems for rod or ball feeding from the top or side of the machine include semi-automated systems for testing and small production runs up to stainless-steel hoppers that can hold thousands of balls.
- Available as an enclosed version with safety interlocks.
- Cast iron frame standard; also available with granite machine bed for increased thermal insulation and reduce vibration.
- Grinding Diameter Capacity: Min: 0.002″ (0.05mm) – Max: 4″ (100mm)
- Roundness: 0.0002″ (5μm)
- Work Wheel Diameter: 9″ (229mm)
- Work Wheel Length: 10.125″ (257mm)
- Work Wheel Power: 7.5HP (5.6kW), 10HP (7.5kW), or 15HP (11kW)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2,375
- Regulating Wheel Power: 2HP (1.45kW)
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 10 – 400
- Machine Weight: 2,000 lbs (908 kg)
- Grinding Length: Max 10″ (254mm)
- Electrical requirements: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Air requirements: 80-90PSI, 3CFM
- Machine Footprint: 47″ x 39″ x 50″ (119cm x 99cm x 127cm)
- Resolution: 0.1 μm (0.000004″)
- Hydraulic Pump Motor Power: 2HP (1.5kW)