PG-9BHD: Centerless Form Grinder
The Glebar PG-9BHD Centerless Form Grinder produces spherical or cylindrical components from pre-form or rod in a range of materials, including rubber, ceramics, wood, plastic, glass, and Teflon® (PTFE). Starting with a rod of material, the PG-9BHD can produce intricate cylindrical shapes, or even grind the rod directly into balls. The unique oscillating regulating wheel assembly, used in ball form applications, forces parts to rotate randomly while grinding. This ensures sphericity — the 3-dimensional roundness of the ball. For this reason, the clear majority of roll-on deodorant balls and golf ball cores in the world are ground on Glebar Form Grinders.
- Highly controllable machine capable of form grinding parts as small as felt pen nibs to 4″ diameter fiberglass on the same machine.
- 10″ wide work wheel allows multiple parts to be ground per cycle
- Can be fitted with a 15HP main spindle motor for heavy grinding of materials such as G10 fiberglass turning cylinders into balls.
- A hard, chrome-plated, regulating wheel slide is dovetail ground for longevity, yet smooth due to our use of Turcite for gibs.
- Glebar has a vast knowledge base of material matching and can marry the optimum grinding wheel to handle almost any material -from foam to diamonds.
- Feeding systems for rod or ball feeding from the top or side of the machine include semi-automated systems for testing and small production runs up to stainless-steel hoppers that can hold thousands of balls.
- Oscillating regulating wheel for improved sphericity on ball forms reducing part to part feeding time.
- The PG-9BHD delivers high throughput and quality results, yet saves production space thanks to a small footprint.
- Diameter Accuracy: 0.0005″ (13µm)
- Grinding Diameter Capacity: Min 0.002″ (0.05mm) – Max 4″ (100mm)
- Work Wheel Diameter: 9″ (229mm)
- Roundness: 0.0005″ (13µm)
- Work Wheel Power: 7.5HP (5.6 kW), 10HP (7.5kW), 15HP (11 kW)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2,400
- Regulating Wheel Power: 1.5 HP
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 10 – 400
- Machine Weight: 2,000 lbs (908 kg)
- Grinding Length: Max 5″ (127mm)
- Wheel Size: 9″ x 10.125″ (229mm x 258mm)
- Electrical requirements: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Air requirements: 80-90PSI, 3CFM
- Machine Footprint: 76.5″ x 48.25″ x 94″ (194cm x 123cm x 239cm)
- Hydraulic Pump Motor Power: 2HP (1.5kW)