GT-610 SD: Infeed/Thrufeed Centerless Grinder
The Glebar GT-610 SD is a Thrufeed/lnfeed Centerless Grinder designed to grind supermaterials such as polycrystalline diamonds and other hard materials where the process is unknown and challenging. This machine was configured to gather all the parameters affecting the grinding process for the sake of analysis and optimization. The result is the ability to fine-tune the grinding process through data acquisition and then modify it to improve throughput, increase wheel life, and achieve the most optimum setup.
- The high-speed, high-performance multi-axis controller ensures that diameter control is maintained.
- The super high rigidity roller guides carry the work rest blade on one axis and the regulating wheel on an independent second axis; both axes maintain a resolution of 0.1 microns.
- A built-in automatic wheel balancing system dynamically adjusts and eliminates wheel vibration, producing superior surface finishes and improved wheel life.
- The intuitive touchscreen interface allows all movable axes and peripherals to be programmed for an efficient, short cycle including a gantry system or laser micrometer.
- The machine control detects loading on the grinding wheel and initiates the dressing cycle to maintain efficient grinding.
- A variable speed vector drive allows the machine to maintain a constant surface speed as the work wheel wears, ensuring a repeatable and efficient grinding performance.
- Available ABEC 7 bearings and super high precision regulating wheel housing to maintain extremely tight tolerances.
- Part diameter feedback allows the machine to correct the wheel dress profile for size variation by station and slide positioning.
- An available variable frequency drive on the work wheel spindle increases wheel surface feet when running super abrasives such as vitrified CBN.
- Work Wheel Diameter: 10″ (254mm) or 12″ (305mm)
- Work Wheel Length: 8.625″ (219mm)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2500 RPM
- Work Wheel Spindle Power: 15 HP
- Regulating Wheel Diameter: 6″(152mm)
- Regulating Wheel Power: 2HP (1.5kW)
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 400 RPM
- Grinding Diameter: MIN 0.002″ (0.05mm)- MAX 1-1/2″ (38.1mm)
- Diameter Accuracy: Better than 0.00005″ (1.27 microns)
- Slide Resolution: 1µm (0.000004″)
- Air: 400 CFM@ 80 PSI
- Power: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Machine Footprint: 66″ x 54″ x 94″ (168 x 137 x 239 cm)
- Machine Weight: 8,100 lbs