The FW-9D offers a unique version of plunge grinding where the outside shape (OD) of the product is ground relative to the center of the part. This unique technique solves the concentricity problem faced by conventional centerless grinding machines and allows the machine to have parts staged during a grind cycle. Originally designed to process rubber capstans, it has since evolved to grinding precision bushings and ceramic components such as spark plugs.
- Shapes components up to 5″
- In-line inspection can be deployed to automatically adjust size, further improving the machine’s accuracy and repeatability.
- The interface software can be designed to meet your production requirements encompassing controls for all peripheral attachments such as robots and bowl feeders.
- Fully customizable operator interface.
- Precision stepper motor positioning head.
- Adjustable load cycle move profile.
- Rigid compact design.
- Integration with automation systems and robots Integration with inspection systems.
- Parts can be loaded manually or by using robots onto the precision arbors.
- Diameter Accuracy: 0.001″ (25 microns)
- Grinding Diameter Capacity: Min 0.25″ (6.35mm) – Max 1.5″ (38mm)
- Work Wheel Diameter: 9″ (229mm) diameter
- Roundness: 0.001″ (25 microns)
- Work Wheel Power: 15HP (11 kW)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2,400
- Regulating Wheel Power: 2HP (1.45 kW)
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 10 – 400
- Machine Weight: 2,000 lbs (908 kg)
- Grinding Length: Max 5″ (127mm)
- Wheel Size: 9″ x 5″ (229mm x 127mm)
- Electrical requirements: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Air requirements: 80-90PSI, 3CFM
- Machine Footprint: 47″ x 39″ x 50″ (120cm x 99cm x 127cm)