DM-9CNC: Standalone CNC Grinding Wheel Dresser
The Glebar DM-9CNC is a standalone dressing machine designed to dress 9″ (229mm) diameter by up to 10-1/8″ (257mm) wide wheels used on the PG-9BHD and PG-9DHD Plunge Grinders. It allows a wheel to be contour dressed in the same method employed on the grinder. Using linear encoders attached directly to the slide, the DM-9CNC ensures accurate positioning under all conditions so the resulting contour is always true to form.
- Standalone machine, available for both 9″ and 10″ work wheels, that CNC dresses precision contours in vitrified grinding wheels.
- Powered by a brushless servo motor, it offers high torque and closed-loop velocity control at up to 10,000 RPM.
- Built on a granite bed for optimal thermal stability and vibration control.
- Wheel contour can be generated in CAD or entered directly as linear and circular positions on the large 15″ touchscreen interface.
- The roll dress spindle on the DM-9CNC is extremely rigid and precise, with runout less than 0.00005″ (1.3 µm).
- The two servo-driven slides feature 0.1µm glass scale feedback for accurate formatting.
- The DM-9CNC uses linear encoders attached directly to the slide, ensuring accurate positioning under all conditions so the resulting contour is always true to form.
- Linear roller ways deliver ultra smooth motion and long life.
- Dresser path, wheel shape, and dresser position are all rendered in real time on the screen.
- Work Wheel Diameter: 9″ (229mm) or 10″ (254mm)
- Work Wheel Power: 2HP (1.5 kW)
- Work Wheel RPM: 500 – 2,400
- Work Wheel Width: 10.125″ (257mm)
- Machine Weight: 3,000 lbs (726 kg)
- Roll Dress RPM: 1,000 – 10,000
- Platform: Granite
- Controller: Multi-axis
- Electrical requirements: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Air requirements: 80-90PSI, 3CFM
- Machine Footprint: 36″ x 60″ x 84″ (91cm x 152cm x 213cm)0