The Tridex CS1-EA Hybrid Burr-Free Electrochemical (ECG) & Precision Abrasive Cutoff Machine combines the best of the CS1-A Precision Abrasive and CS1-E Electrochemical Cutoff machines into one robust and compact design. The hybrid design provides flexability depending on the part being cut.
- Electrochemical Cutoff for Burr-Free tube or wire cutoff.
- Precision Abrasive cutoff with minimal burr.
- Easily change between ECG and Abrasive modes.
- Cuts multiple tubes or bars per cycle.
- All stainless construction including full access stainless splash guard and electrolyte/coolant tank.
- Easy setup and operation using color touchscreen HMI.
- Fixtures and jobs can be changed in one minute.
- Programmability and flexibility of changing cut lengths without operator input.
- Offered in right-or-left hand configuration to create a work cell with one operator running two machines.
- Thin, inexpensive rubber bonded wheels never go dull or need sharpening, minimizing kerf loss.
- Leaves parts with a smooth surface finish, 0.2 -0.4 RA typical.
- Cutting Capacity – Diameter: Standard .012” (0.3 mm) to 3.15” (80 mm)
- Cutting Capacity – Length: min .25” (6 mm) to .12” (3 mm)
- Positioning Accuracy: .0004” (0.01mm)
- Traverse Speeds: 600”/min (15m/min)
- High Precision Spindle: Ceramic Bearings and Air Purge
- Spindle Motor: 7.5HP direct drive servo motor
- Power (Precision Abrasive Mode): 460V, 60Hz standard. 380V, 50Hz optional
- Power (Electrochemical Mode): 20V, 300A DC – 600A optional
- Carbide Blade Guides (Abrasive Mode): Low profile with simple adjustment control
- Control: Operator pendant color touchscreen
- Fixtures: Quick change – no tools required
- Electrolyte/Coolant Supply Tank: 50 Gallon (200 Liter) Stainless Steel
- Safety Standards: Meets CE and ISO-13849.1
- Air: 4CFM @ 80PSI
- Machine Footprint: 137” x 79” x 79” (3,480 x 2,000 x 2,000mm)
- Machine Weight: 3,300 lbs (1,497kg)