GT-610 EZ: Thrufeed Centerless Grinder
The Glebar GT-610 EZ is a lean version of the GT-610, bringing slide motion control to the operator at an affordable price point. Operating on a much smaller footprint than the competition, this system excels at thrufeed grinding hard materials such as steel, carbide, PCD inserts, and technical ceramics. Slide positioning allows for precise diameter control on close tolerance components. The machine is also capable of gauge feedback for even more precise diameter control.
- Independent slides (automatic upper and manual lower) control the regulating wheel and the work rest blade position makes setup quick and easy.
- The servo-driven upper slide with 0.1 micron (0.000004″) glass scale feedback allows for quick and accurate diameter adjustments.
- The workhead assembly design allows a single operator to replace the grinding wheel in under 15 minutes.
- Available variable frequency drive on the work wheel spindle for increased wheel surface feet when running super abrasives such as vitrified CBN.
- Programmability and flexibility of changing cut lengths without operator input.
- Both the template tracing work wheel and template tracing regulating wheel dressers allow for the dressing of shallow profiles.
- Micron feedback glass scale ball screw-driven upper slide.
- The 10″ (254 mm) diameter x 8-5/8″ (219 mm) wide grinding wheel is mounted on a twin-grip super precision
- Servo Driven Work and Regulating Wheel Dressers, Regulating Wheel Drive.
- Template tracing dressers for both wheels work wheel and regulating wheel.
- Spindle RPM can be varied depending on the wheel type and wheel dressing parameters.
- Work Wheel Size: 10″ x 8.625″ (254 x 219mm)
- Work Wheel RPM: 2500
- Work Wheel Spindle Power: 15HP (11kW)
- Regulating Wheel Diameter: 6″ (152mm)
- Regulating Wheel Power: 2HP (1.5kW)
- Regulating Wheel RPM: 10 – 200
- Grinding Diameter: MIN 0.002″ (0.05mm)- MAX 1-1/2″ (38.1mm)
- Roundness: Better than 0.00005″ (1.27 microns)
- Diameter Accuracy: Better than 0.0001″ (2.5 microns)
- Slide Resolution: 0.1µm (0.000004″)
- Air: 400 CFM@ 80 PSI
- Power: 480VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 40A
- Machine Footprint: 61″ x 41″ x 41″ (154 x 105 x 105 cm)
- Machine Weight: 3,130 lbs